Thursday, December 5, 2013

Go and Make Love Not War it's a command remember?


It’s been a while since I’ve penned a blog, so it might take a few postings to get the creative juices flowing. Non-the-less, I thought it was time for me to get back to expressing my thoughts before my brain implodes on itself. 

Ok, so here goes it. You know I’ve been a “Christian” pretty much as long as I can remember and the older I get the more apparent it is to me that those closest to me have the greatest chance of hurting me the deepest. Perhaps you’ve heard the saying that if you are one who loves hard you can expect to be hurt very deeply.  I know this to be true and we can even look to scripture and see contention among the followers of Christ. I mean even the disciples bickered over things. At least on one occasion Jesus had to play referee, amongst the twelve.  Have you ever stopped to think why is there so much division among folks who claim to be following God and who at least outwardly seem to be pursuing the same biblical goals?  I have to tell you that I have seen and heard some of the meanest words come from those who I know love Jesus.

Here’s the point. If Satan can keep us busy fighting with each other we will not have time nor the energy to set our sites on the real battle, which is fought on a whole other realm. Well, that's a blog for a different day.  

I always try to end with words of encouragement and here it is….

YOUR FIGHT AND MY FIGHT IS NOT AGAINST ONE ANOTHER. 

Ephesian 6:12 “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. 

So go and make some love, not war.

No comments:

Post a Comment