Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Power of Forgivenes

You ever heard the saying “I woke up this morning with a song in my heart?”  Well if you haven’t then Google it, just kidding.  When I awoke this morning it was as if the Holy Spirit whispered a song in my spirit.  I mean to tell you I could hear the words as if God was standing right there next to my bedside. I bet you’re curious to hear what God whispered in my ear, well hang on, I’m going to tell you, but before I write another word I gotta tell you a story.

There was a man who decided he was going to rob, steal and take whatever he wanted.  So he decided to rob a young man and his wife one afternoon. The young man decided he would go and do what’s called a home invasion you know kick a door in and terrorize whomever is behind the door taking and destroying any and everything insight.  Well, on this particular day, let’s just say he kicked the wrong door in. Behind this door he found a young man and his newly married wife.  The home invader walked right into the home of a young man ready and might I add armed.  Needles to say in all the panic the young married fellow shot, but didn’t kill the home-invader.  In all the fuss don’t ask me why the young man decided to rush the angry intruder to the hospital.  While on the way the intruder prayed and asked the young man to forgive him for breaking into his home and without hesitation the married newlywed responded “of course I forgive you.” In a moment, in an instant the power of hate, anger and whatever else gripped the intruder's heart was broken, he simply couldn’t do anything but weep, because he knew he disserved a lot of things but forgiveness wasn’t one of them. 

Ok, I’ll confess this was the dream I awoke to this morning but the words I heard in my spirit were very real and here they are there is incredible power in forgiveness.  I have been working in ministry for many years and I have witnessed unforgiveness simply ravage and destroy the lives of so many individuals.   I don’t know if you know this but Jesus had a thing or two to say about forgiveness and I won’t disappoint you I'll tell you what he said and where to find it in your bible.

Matthew 6:14-15 “For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

Did you read that? Pretty powerful words right, well obviously Jesus has forgiven every believer who has confessed Him as Lord but we can see here that Jesus wants us to know how important it is to release folks from whatever wrong they have committed against us.  We have absolutely no right to hold unforgiveness in our heart against any wrong committed against us.  Think about this for a minute Jesus the very Son of God who was innocent of any crime, he suffered and died for the sins of the entire world and he did so because the truth is he wanted to demonstrate forgiveness to us in a real tangible way. Let me sum this up for you in a few words,
a-wrong committed against you + forgiveness = love. 

GOD FORGAVE US SO WE MUST FORGIVE OTHERS…. LET’S GO

No comments:

Post a Comment