Friday, April 9, 2010

Finding Your Sweet Spot

I don't know about you but whenever I play a game I love winning. I played football in College but the game I loved the most was basketball. I remember playing intramural basketball in college and some days it just seemed like I could not miss, no really don't laugh this is true. I could shoot behind the basket infront of the basket, I just could not miss.


Some would say well he's in a zone he'll wake up in a minute, but that wasn't the case. The truth is I had found my sweet spot. Ok your thinking now whatever do you mean "sweet spot"? My sweet spot was a 10 to 12 foot jumper, and once the jumper started falling, you guessed it I could take you off the dribble, yea boy they had to respect the Jay.


Ok life is a lot like that. Paul in his letter from a prison mind you encourages the Phillipians to forget those things that are behind them and to pursue the prize ahead of them. Well your probably thinking what does that have to do with a "sweet spot" glad you asked. In life there will be lots of ups and downs the "sweet spot" is discovered not in dwelling on the defeats but in pursuing the goals that God has put in your heart to accomplish.


Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus"

So please don't let the ups and downs of life keep you down or hold you back. Stay focused on that "goal" and find your sweet spot

No comments:

Post a Comment