Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Man and His "Dice"

I have not been lazy but the explanation for my inactivity have been vacation sort of. My oldest plays volleyball so I have been sitting court side at her volleyball games for the last several days in the windy city of Chicago.

I have spent the last few weeks teaching through the book of Esther. I noticed in my reading through of Esther for about the tenth time, that Haman the enemy of Israel threw dice to determine, which would be the best day of the month to murder thousands of innocent Jews.

Now think about that for a minute, this guy Haman hated the Jews so much that he played a crap game to determine which would be the best day to have them all killed. I read that and I thought to myself why in the world do people hate each other to that magnitude? What causes such strong hatred, not for a people only but for an entire ethnic group? I could understand hating someone that I know personally, but this guy Haman hatred was so strong that he wanted to annihilate an entire ethnic group, which vastly included people he didn’t even know.

Ok let’s agree that extreme hatred exist, and from what I can tell extreme hatred kills and destroys the life of a lot of innocent people. So then it only makes sense that the best way to fight against this extreme hatred is with extreme love. Now your probably thinking what does extreme Love look like, glad you asked John15:13“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”

Ok, okay “lay down my life” you are probably thinking what does that mean exactly? Laying down your life simply means putting another person needs above your own. You can start by greeting people and not becoming upset when they don’t speak back to you; yielding in traffic and letting another person have the right of way, even if they don’t deserve it, visiting a coworker who may be in the hospital, how about inviting a neighbor over for dinner. Then there is extreme love, literally giving your life so that others can live. To write that and see that phrase in print gives “me” chills. You see Radom Love changes the life of people, but Radical Love changes the world, and this world is in desperate need of an overhaul.

No comments:

Post a Comment