Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Easy Button God





You ever wish that connecting with God was as easy as pushing that “Staples button.” I can’t tell you how many times I have gotten up off my knees or put my bible down and thought to myself, God I still don’t know what your will is for me in this thing, while at the same time thinking “if I only had one of those easy buttons.” Think about that for a minute, say your children start acting out and you’re thinking well I will just grab my “God made easy button” push it and like magic the problem just disappears.


Well all of us who genuinely know God personally understand that God simply doesn’t work that way. But you listen to these examples and if you’re honest you have to admit that there have been many occasions that you have personally behaved as if God was an “Easy Button God.” You know, push the button and it’ll all get better.


I didn’t get in the word this morning but I have been praying and thinking about some of my own personal struggles for the past few hours even as a write this blog. To be honest God and me have been having some Father and son time, and I have spent the last few hours, days, weeks even trying to push that easy button and God just refuses to make my personal struggles any easier. However he did give me some revelation from his word. I want to share it with you 2Corinthians3:16-18“But whenever anyone turns to the Lord from his sins, then the veil is taken away.17The Lord is the Spirit who gives them life, and where he is there is freedom[from trying to be saved by keeping the laws of God]. But we Christians have no veil over our face; we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him.”


Ok, I know you’re dying to know what in the world does all that have to do with and easy button, glad you asked. Paul is teaching us that “My God made easy button” is in knowing Jesus. Listen carefully to what that means, when I have major problems, issues and or concern in my life, instead of panicking and looking for the easy button I simply need to “press into Jesus.” My problem itself may not go away but I am guaranteed to reflect the Glory of God in my life. And as God works in me I will become more and more like him. So don’t wait for problems to come up before you press into Jesus just simply “Press into Jesus everyday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment